Saturday, May 4, 2013

Things I'm looking forward to & things I'm not so much looking forward to

29 days until the ride!!! Ahhh! I am both excited and terrified.


Things I'm not so excited for:
  • Deciding what to pack and what not to pack
  • The fact that 5 finals stand between me and the trip
  • Leaving 95% of my wardrobe behind (girl problems)
  • Fitting everything I need into my 4K duffel bag
  • Being away from my family and friends for 10 weeks
  • Getting used to biking next to cars
  • TAN LINES
  • Sleeping on the floor
  • Waking up before the sun
  • Very hot or rainy days
Things I'm super excited for:
  • Taking pictures like this:
and this:


  • Having water gun fights
  • Being outside and enjoying nature all day every day
  • Tackling a new adventure every single day
  • Meeting and growing close with my teammates
  • Fighting cancer together & being an inspiration
  • Becoming better at biking
  • Having no worries other than getting from Point A to Point B
  • Going to Cedar Point with the team
  • Celebrating my 21st birthday in Boise, Idaho
  • Jam sessions with the other musicians on my ride
  • Learning how to do some cool new things (I'm hoping splits, a really good handstand and maybe playing the guitar)
  • My first century ride
  • TAN LINES
  • Securing our remaining hosts before the ride starts
  • Setting up lots of cool things for us to do along our way
  • Meeting nice and interesting people along the way
  • Seeing the country!

I can't wait!! Bring on June 2nd! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment